• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature*
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s
• 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts), plus a bit more for garnishing if desired
Place the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Blitz to blend well. Add the scallions and pulse twice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Let dip come to room temperature, garnish with sliced scallions if desired, then serve with flat bread, fresh vegetables, crackers, chips or all of the above.
*It is important that the cream cheese be room temperature so there are no lumps.